ACCA and IMA announce new global strategic initiative promoting Financial Leadership and Performance
ACCA (the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants) and IMA® (Institute of Management Accountants) announce a new strategic initiative for the global finance profession, Financial Leadership and Performance.
Launched officially on 23 June 2013 during IMA’s Annual Meeting of Members at the start of IMA’s Annual Conference & Exposition in New Orleans, ACCA and IMA also signed a Mutual Recognition Agreement (MRA), approved by IMA’s Board of Regents and ACCA’s Council.
The MRA, signed on the one-year anniversary of ACCA and IMA’s strategic partnership, enables members of both organisations, subject to certain conditions, a clear pathway to one another’s credentials based on a rigorous content and curriculum review - IMA’s CMA (Certified Management Accountant) or ACCA’s professional membership.
As part of the Financial Leadership and Performance initiative, ACCA and IMA will support the career development goals of Chief Financial Officers (CFOs) and other aspiring professionals, through a variety of resources:
- A new co-sponsored website - www.roleofcfo.com - a resource for finance leaders, containing ACCA and IMA reports, research and insights. This online platform offers existing and aspiring CFOs access to a comprehensive set of resources that will support them in their aim to strengthen financial leadership and performance throughout their finance teams.
- CFO Pathways - A research report covering the future of CFOs’ work, their role and changing career paths.
- Continuing Professional Development / Continuing Professional Education - resources that focus on financial leadership and performance including: articles, webinars, CFO Insights videos and e-learning courses from award winning provider www.accountingcpd.net
Barry Cooper, ACCA’s President said: “Both our credentials are the result of rigorous qualification and assessments, with a clear commitment to producing ethical, reputable and high performing members. Together, we understand the issues and drivers of success for the CFO and the finance team. Today’s announcements, including flexible pathways to our respective exams and compelling CFO resources, are indicative of our commitment to sustainable organisational success.”
John Macaulay CMA, IMA’s Chair added: “Collectively, ACCA and IMA represent 653,000 members and candidates, with a unique global network of 89 offices and centres around the world, including more than 200 local chapter communities. With today’s announcements, we have the opportunity to deliver even more value to the global profession, supporting CFOs and those aspiring towards that goal.”
For more information:
Marc Gerrone Steve Rudaini ACCA
+(201) 474-1502 +44 (0)20 7059 5622
email@example.com +44 (0)7801133985
Notes to Editors
- The MRA will become effective by early next year. In summary, the MRA allows for the following arrangements:
- ACCA members who have completed ACCA’s Professional Level advanced management accounting papers will have direct entry to IMA, upon application.
- IMA members, holding the CMA designation, can join ACCA after completing three of ACCA’s Professional Level papers, the Professional Ethics Module and demonstrating 12 months’ additional practical experience in a relevant role.
- ACCA has set up an e-mail address for those who wish to register interest - firstname.lastname@example.org
- ACCA and IMA’s joint website can be found here: www.roleofcfo.com.
- About ACCA
ACCA (the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants) is the global body for professional accountants with 162,000 members and 426,000 students in 170 countries worldwide. We aim to offer business-relevant, first-choice qualifications to people of application, ability and ambition around the world who seek a rewarding career in accountancy, finance and management.
We work through a network of 89 offices and centres and more than 8,400 Approved Employers worldwide, who provide high standards of employee learning and development.
- About IMA® (Institute of Management Accountants)
IMA®, the association of accountants and financial professionals in business, is one of the largest and most respected associations focused exclusively on advancing the management accounting profession. Globally, IMA supports the profession through research, the CMA® (Certified Management Accountant) program, continuing education, networking, and advocacy of the highest ethical business practices.
IMA has a global network of more than 65,000 members in 120 countries and 200 local chapter communities. IMA provides localized services through its offices in Montvale, N.J., USA; Zurich, Switzerland; Dubai, UAE; and Beijing, China. For more information about IMA, please visit www.imanet.org