Huawei awarded 2012 Global Excellent Telecom Cloud Solution Provider of the Year by Frost & Sullivan
Shanghai, China, November 14, 2012: Huawei, a leading global information and communication technology (ICT) solution provider, has won the 2012 Global Excellent Telecom Cloud Solution Provider of the Year award at the prestigious 2012 Frost & Sullivan Best Practice Awards in Growth Innovation & Leadership Congress. Aroop Zutshi, Managing Partner and Global President of Frost & Sullivan, presented the award to Huawei in recognition of the company’s leadership and solution competitiveness in the telecom cloud computing market.
According to Frost & Sullivan’s global evaluation, Huawei is one of the most important telecom cloud solution providers in the world. “Over the past year, Huawei has provided integrated cloud solutions to the service provider cloud market, increasing our client’s business agility, opening new revenue streams and reducing OPEX. It is gratifying to see the team’s hard work recognized by a global authority such as Frost & Sullivan,” said Huawei’s Bruce Wang, President of Carrier Cloud Computing.
The 2012 Global Excellent Telecom Cloud Solution Provider of the Year Award recognizes outstanding achievements by companies in the global telecom cloud computing market over the past year. The nominated companies each demonstrated their ability to provide telecom cloud providers with business value through innovative solutions.
As a result of its commitment to the ongoing development of the industry, Huawei received this recognition for the following achievements:
- Entering the field of cloud computing in 2008 and maintaining more than 10,000 dedicated R&D and service staff.
- Releasing its innovative cloud service management platform, “ManageOne” which helps achieve unified management for devices across a range of vendors, operation systems and applications.
- Launching its Cloud Service Brokerage (CSB) cloud service innovation center to enable telecom cloud providers to achieve agility through IaaS and SaaS solutions.
Huawei’s vision for the future of its carrier cloud computing is “Being a Trusted Partner for Telco IT Service”. Huawei’s end-to-end telecom cloud solutions have been implemented by many of the largest telcos in the world and recent successes include:
- Supporting the construction of China Mobile’s “International Information Harbor”, with a total area of 1.3 million square meters. Once completed this will be one of the largest data centers in the world.
- Developing solutions for Singapore’s Starhub including a public cloud service platform, enabling Singapore government’s in ICT transformation to foster growth for small and medium-size businesses.
- Providing Sinotrans, the largest Chinese integrated logistics company, with IT transformation, managed services and data center consolidation from 30 locations into two cloud-based data centers thereby reducing O&M personnel from 64 to four.
- Building over 260 data centers worldwide, 35 of which are dedicated cloud data centers.
Frost & Sullivan Best Practice Awards program recognizes outstanding industry achievements by companies in regional and global markets, through in-depth interviews, market analysis, performance measurements, and benchmarking of market participants to bring unique best practices to the forefront. Over the past decade, more than 500 companies have been recognized at this event includingHP, Cisco, Siemens, IBM, SAP, and Microsoft.
Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Through our dedication to customer-centric innovation and strong partnerships, we have established end-to-end advantages in telecom networks, devices and cloud computing. We are committed to creating maximum value for telecom operators, enterprises and consumers by providing competitive solutions and services. Our products and solutions have been deployed in over 140 countries, serving more than one third of the world’s population.
For more information, visit Huawei online: www.huawei.com
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/huaweipress and YouTube: