Wind Directions, September 2013: Turkey - the powerhouse bridging east and west
Situated on the brink of Europe and the edge of Asia, Turkey has taken advantage of its strategic position while managing to avoid both the slump to its west and the strife to its east.
But its booming economy has led to an electricity demand that is growing at a rate second only to China's, and the country is currently importing 75% of its energy at a cost of € 60 billion per year.
Turkey is looking to wind energy to cut its import dependence, create employment and help its economy to keep expanding.
- Jukka-Pekka Mäkinen, CEO, The Switch
- Jürgen Zeschky, CEO, Nordex
- 2030: why is it so important?
- Deep waters: the latest on floating offshore technology
- Same grids, more power? New project results
- Getting community support: exploring the issues
- Brussels Briefing for the latest EU news
- Wind News for an industry update
- Country Focus for a national picture
...and many more.