Responsible Care Awards 2017: EU chemical companies, celebrate your achievements!
Brussels 22 March 2017 – To acknowledge the achievements of Europe’s highly innovative chemical companies, Cefic is looking for entrants for its annual Responsible Care awards ceremony (read more here on 2016 winners).
Cefic Responsible Care Awards are part of the global chemical industry’s charter for responsible care launched in 1985, promoting sustainable business practices. The awards are open to all companies engaged in exciting sustainability projects and initiatives across European industry.
We want to hear about groundbreaking sustainability projects focusing on products, people or the environment demonstrating a commitment to responsible care. Entries from small to mid-sized (SMEs) chemical companies are particularly welcome. (More information on the categories for applicants can be found here.)
Deadline: Apply before 10 May 2017 to promote your achievements
Entries will be assessed by an independent jury including EU decision-makers, other industries, trade associations and media. Judging takes place in June 2017. The jury will select one winner in the three categories.
As well as the Responsible Care trophy, winners can benefit from EU-wide promotion, and participation in an exciting awards ceremony that will take place during the Cefic Chemical Convention in Vienna, 27th October 2017.
What is Responsible Care?
Responsible Care is the global chemical industry’s unique initiative to improve health, environmental performance, enhance security, and to communicate with stakeholders about products and processes.
Responsible Care commits companies, national chemical industry associations and their partners to:
- Continuously improve the environmental, health, safety and security knowledge and performance of our technologies, processes and products over their life cycles so as to avoid harm to people and the environment.
- Use resources efficiently and minimise waste.
- Report openly on performance, achievements and shortcomings.
- Listen, engage and work with people to understand and address their concerns and expectations.
- Cooperate with governments and organisations in the development and implementation of effective regulations and standards, and to meet or go beyond them.
- Provide help and advice to foster the responsible management of chemicals by all those who manage and use them along the product chain.
Contact: Katleen Raes, Cefic Communications Executive (email@example.com / +32 (2) 676 7229)
Cefic, the European Chemical Industry Council, is the Brussels-based organisation that represents the European chemical industry. Created in 1972, it represents 29,000 companies that produce about a fifth of the world’s chemicals and employs around 1.2 million people. To learn more about Cefic, visit our Web site at www.cefic.org/newsroom