#EurActory40: Ranking of Top 40 Energy Union Policy Influencers Unveiled
A ranking of the top 40 policy experts with influence in EU Energy Union policy was unveiled at a debate on the “State of the Energy Union one year after its launch”, organised by the EurActiv Institute. Almost half of those listed in the #EurActory40 took part in the debate hosted by Ian Duncan (MEP ECR) in the European Parliament earlier today.
David Mekkaoui, Director of Fondation EurActiv, said: “EurActory is an innovative directory of EU policy influencers and experts. It already lists more than 300 of the most influential experts in EU Energy Union policy. It is continuously updated with new information. Rankings for other policy topics will be added in the future.”
- EU Energy Union politics is dominated by Germans and Brits, with France coming in a distant third place; respectively accounting for 9 (DE), 7 (UK) and 4 (FR) influencers in the top 40.
- Policy-makers from the EU institutions make up roughly half of the list (19), closely followed by a group of policy Influencers representing different stakeholders and interests (18). Three energy policy analysts from key (energy) think tanks also made it into the #EurActory40.
- Half of the decision-makers are based outside of Brussels (9 out of 19), while almost all influencers and analysts are based in Brussels (19 out of 21).
- Gender balance is not yet a reality in EU energy policymaking with only 9 women out of 40 (22,5%) in the list. From the 7 UK nationals in the list, all of them are men.
Frédéric Simon, EurActiv’s Editor & Publisher, added: “Similar #EurActory40 rankings at national level will be unveiled in a series of events in key capitals later this year”.
Christophe Leclercq, initiator of EurActiv and EurActory, stated: “Our media network now contributes not only to transparency but also efficiency around EU policies. Watch this space for more!”
For more information on today's event, goto www.euractiv.com/
- Dominique Ostyn, Director of Communications, EurActiv Tel. + 32(0)2.788.36.88
- Diogo Pinto, Secretary General, Fondation EurActiv, Tel. +32(0)2.788.36.68
- David Mekkaoui, Director, Fondation EurActiv, Tel. + 32(0)2.788.36.75
- Christophe Leclercq, Founder, EurActiv, Tel. +32(0)18.104.22.168
- Frédéric Simon, Publisher & Editor, EurActiv, Tel. + 32(0)2.788.36.78